If you’re inclined to get an early jump on spring cleaning, try this 4-week organizing challenge to get the most of your efforts.
Week 1: Make a good first impression
- Rid grime in your entryway.
- Clean front door and scuff marks of walls and moldings.
- Add a new welcome mat.
- Tidy your main living area; collect random items.
- Dust and vacuum well.
Week 2: Tidy the kitchen
- Empty and sanitize your freezer. Label and organize foods that are still fresh.
- Get rid of hidden dust on walls, baseboards, behind and around the refrigerator.
- Deep-clean your oven by using a green solution of baking soda, vinegar, water.
Week 3: Clean hard-to-reach spots
- Vacuum underneath furniture.
- Scrub vent covers and replace furnace filters.
Week 4: Make final touches
- Swap out heavy drapes with lightweight curtains.
- Check safety features like fire extinguishers and smoke alarms.
- Consider motion-sensor night lights for dark hallways, and/or outdoor solar-powered security lights.
Now you’re ready for spring!